Friday, January 29, 2010

Subtitles in Adventure Games

I purchased Barrow Hill and installed the game on my desktop computer. When I looked at the options screen, the subtitles option was absent. I assumed that it could have been built in the game and started the game. To my dismay, the game was not subtitled at all. I uninstalled the game. I sold the game on EBay the next day.

To my delight, several developers put out demos of the adventure games. That way, I can check if the game has subtitles. Otherwise, I take the risk of buying the game and then look at the manual or options screen for the subtitles option. If there is no subtitles option, I sell the game the next day.

So I beseech all adventure game developers to put subtitles in the adventure games. Subtitles can help with the voices of the characters if the voices are hard to understand.

If you, game developers, put the subtitles in the games, you will make all of us (adventure gamers) very ecstatic.

Happy Adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment