Sunday, January 31, 2010

Subtitles in Adventure Games 2 (Gabriel Knight 2)

One such game with no subtitles is Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within.

I was disappointed with the game after I uploaded the game to my computer from the 3.5 disks when I saw that there was no subtitles. That was in 1995. I sold the game to a local pawnshop. I played the first and third games in the Gabriel Knight series (The Sins of the Fathers, Blood of the Sacred - Blood of the Damned) with subtitles. I felt a gnawing emptiness since that time.

Fast forward to 2007: I happened upon a adventure game forum announcement about a subtitles patch for the Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within game. I quickly downloaded that. I searched on EBay to snap up the game. I downloaded the patch. I was very happy when the game opened with the subtitles on display.

I was able to put Gabriel Knight 2 on the completed adventures game list.

You can download the Gabriel Knight 2 subtitles patch: http://www.sierrahelp.com/Patches-Updates/Patches-Updates-Games/GabrielKnightSeriesUpdates.html.

Happy Adventuring!

No comments:

Post a Comment